by Eva Avenue
Throughout my days as a practicing artist, I often look around me and wish people indulged in more creative expression. It makes the world come alive!
A bad hair day is your hair telling you its bored.
Don't let bad hair days become missed opportunities to let your hair express itself!
Get a fresh perspective and stop caring if everyone thinks you're pretty all the time. Vanity is the death of expression.
1. If you have a bad hair day, turn every "bad hair day" into a photo documenting you on each bad hair day for your photo project Bad Hair Day. Hold the show at a hair salon after they say yes you can. Send some promotional info to media outlets, make a Facebook event page, and tell everyone they must come! The salon draws in new potential clients, established clients show up, and you sell some pieces or, at least, get to drink too much wine in public again!
2. If you have a bad hair day, pull it into a ponytail and tie a ribbon around the tail (low for subdued elegance, high for sassy elegance). And a New Orleans ceramic mask with eye holes to thread hair through and pin it to your head!
3. If you have a bad hair day, wrap your hair into a creatively twisted bedhead bun with a sharpened pencil, drizzle it in honey and ask your best bee friends to hang around. Try to out-worsen mother nature's idea of just how bad your hair is going to look that day.
4. If you have a bad hair day, call your stepmom and yell at her because thanks Obama. Notice how your hair suddenly looks better.
5. If you have a bad hair day, wash your hair and let it do whatever it wants to do for the day. Chill from trying to bend everything to your will and focus on what you can make happen today - at least it's clean!
6. If you have a bad hair day, pray - just pray this madness will stop and follicular justice will come swiftly to your perfect, sinless scalp. 55% of Americans say they pray every day.
7. Or if you have a bad hair day, languish expertly in your insecurities at work and point out your bad hair day to everyone else in case they didn't notice the first time, which they probably didn't, cause nobody loves you but your mom, which is why you're here on EvaAvenue.com looking for love. Wait, that's not really a tip.
8. Whatever you do, don't krimp it.
Eva: Can you think of one creative way to transform a bad hair day?
Stacey: I think you did it
Eva: lol KRIMP IT
Krimping it IS a bad hair day
Stacey: it negates the bad hair day.
Eva: Yeah, now you WISH you were having a bad hair day.
9. If you have a bad hair day, gel and slick it back into a ponytail and make it shiny. Hairshine, spitshine, put olive oil on your hands and run it over the top of you pulled hair and down the ponytail. I love shiny.
10. If you have a bad hair day, hang that shit under a faucet. You don't have to wash it, but the weight and wetness of water after a few minutes can reset your hair.
That's it! If you follow my simple solutions to this simple problem, you'll never see a bad hair day the same way again!
And that's the word from Eva Avenue Studio!
All photos were taken in St. Pete, FL during Venture Compound's Free Skool class Hell or Paris: Experimental Hair Cutting & Hair Sculpture w/ Interpretive Music, a free weird hair party art class led by Eva Avenue, with live backing music by Rory Flaherty. Thank you to everyone who came out to class, may your breath be fresh every morning upon waking! Sign up below for my monthly email list for upcoming classes, shows and project announcements!